I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Before sending your device in for repair you will need to perform a factory data reset to clear your personal information and so that we can access your device.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
To reset your device:
1. Touch or
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Backup & reset
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
- When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
- Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know your Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”. Once you have reset your password you will need to power up your locked phone in a area with Wi-Fi or data service If you have no wifi/data service, the phone will continuously loop asking for the password.
To perform an external reset:
1. Ensure the device is powered off, and unplugged
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (located on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.
3. From the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" screen, select Recovery.
Note: Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the menu options and the Volume Up button to select.
4. From the "No Command" screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold the Power button then press and release the Volume Up button to display the menu options.
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset".
Note: Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
6. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Note: Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select reboot system now.
Note: Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.