I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Use Safe Mode - Moto G
Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications installed from the Play Store. This troubleshooting step helps determine whether a third party application is the cause of a software issue. Safe Mode should always be tested prior to performing a hard (factory) reset.
- Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
- Application icons will still appear the same on the home screen or within the Apps menu. Apps will launch if you select the icon to activate, they will not automatically launch.
- You may be required to re-add accounts such as Facebook and LinkedIn after initiating Safe mode. (Settings > + Add Account)
Enable Safe Mode
- Press the Power key until Power off comes up on the screen, then release the Power button.
- Touch and hold Power off on the screen.
- Touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears.
- Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner.
- While in Safe Mode, test if the issue remains. If it does, further troubleshooting is needed. If it doesn't, this means a third party application is causing it.
- Remove the app that causes the problem from the device.
Remove an application
- Touch Apps > Play Store > Menu > My apps.
- Select the application that you want to remove. Tap Uninstall, then confirm by touching OK.
- After you have identified and removed the trouble application, you can disable safe mode by power cycling the device.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.