I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Google Now delivers customized cards, based on information from your Google services (such as locations, searches, web history, Gmails, and calendar events) and from third-party products that you allow Google to access.
For example, you may get traffic reports before leaving for a dentist appointment, or receive train arrival times while waiting at the station after work. View your team's scores on game days, or find popular restaurants when you travel.
Using Google Now
- Set up your Google Account (if not already done) by touching Apps > Settings > Under Accounts touch Add account.
You must use a Google account for Google Now to work.
- Swipe up from the navigation bar at the bottom of any screen
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enable location services when prompted, or later at Settings > Location access
- Touch Yes, I'm in
- To see the available cards and their default settings, touch Show sample cards
Over time, Google Now will start delivering your customized notifications and cards
- Swipe up from the navigation bar at the bottom of any screen.
- Or touch the Google search bar on the home screen.
- When a card has a new update, you’ll receive a notification at the top of your screen. You can pull down the notifications shade to open the card or dismiss the notification.
For some cards, you can touch the card for more details or to take action, like check into a restaurant.
When you are finished with a card, swipe it left or right to dismiss it.
Edit card settings or turn off card
To customize or turn off a card:
- Do one of the following:
- Touch Settings on the card.
- From the bottom right corner of the Google Now screen, touch Menu Settings > Google Now, then touch the card you want to edit.
- Adjust the card settings, or turn the card off or on.
Turn Google Now off
Turning off Google Now stops the display of cards and returns Google Now settings to their defaults.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Google Now screen and touch Menu > Settings > Google Now. Touch the on/off switch to turn off.
- Touch Turn off.
To restart Google Now touch the on/off switch to turn on.
To learn more about Google Now touch Menu > Help
Getting the Most out of Google Now
Opting In to Google Now
- Set up a Gmail account if you don’t already have one
- Launch Google Now by swiping up from the Android keys
- Follow the on-screen startup guide
- Enable locations services
- Click “Opt-In”
Do more with Google Now
Start by signing in to Chrome on your desktop and the Chrome browser on your phone to sync all your searches.
Then complete the actions below which can be accessed by opening Google Now, then touch Menu > Settings > Privacy & Accounts
- Sync the account that you use the most with Google Services
- Enable Location Services and Web History
Do More with Google Voice Search
You can activate Google Voice Search within the Google Now home page by either touching the Mic Button on the Search Bar at the top of the home screen, or by saying the word “Google” followed by your request.
|What you want||
What to say
|Sports information||[team’s name]||"San Francisco Giants"|
|Pictures||"Pictures of" [topic] or "images of" [topic]||"Pictures of San Francisco" or "Images of cats"|
|Convert measurements||[original measurement] "in" [new measurement]||"30 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit"|
|Movie showtimes||"Movie" [location] or [movie name]||"Movie Chicago" or "The Horse’s Mouth"|
|Word definition||"Define" [word]||"Define campanile"|
|Weather forecast||"Weather" or "Weather" [location]||"Weather" or "Weather Detroit"|
|Identify an area code||"Area code" [###]||"Area code 215"|
|Identify zip code||"Zip code" [#####]||"Zip code 46202"|
|Time||"Time" or "Time" [location]||"Time" or "Time in London"|
|Flight information||[Airline] [flight number]||"American airlines flight 390"|
|Translation||Translate to [language] [phrase]||"Translate to Spanish, Where is the Palace Hotel?"’|
|Calculator||[A math phrase]||"75 divided by 6"|
|Food||[Type of food] or [Type of food] in [location]||"Mexican food" or "Mexican food in Urbana, Illinois"|
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.