Show your phone's screen on devices with Miracast™ Wireless display capabilities.
Miracast™ builds upon Wi-Fi Direct with mechanisms to negotiate video capabilities, setup content protection (if needed), stream content, and maintain the video session.
To enjoy Miracast™, both the display and the source device (phone) must be certified for Miracast™.
Miracast™ may be used on devices without embedded Wi-Fi through the use of a Miracast™ certified adapter that supports an interface such as High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) or Universal Serial Bus (USB).
Click here for a listing of Miracast™-certified display devices.
To enable Wireless Display:
- Connect your Miracast™ dongle to your HDMI-capable TV, or turn on your Miracast™ -enabled TV
- Touch the Command Center widget on your homescreen
- Touch Wireless display
- Turn feature on
- Touch available display that will appear
- Enable Auto-connect to automatically connect to last display when Wireless display is turned on. > Settings > Display > Wireless display > check Auto-connect
- For faster access, you can:
- Add the Wireless Display widget to your homescreen.
- Touch Wireless Display from Quick Settings
- Mirroring onto a Wireless display while using Bluetooth may reduce performance.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.