Software updates will be sent to your phone automatically over-the-air as they become available. But you always have the option to update over a USB connection using Motorola Device Manager (MDM) too. You can use either method to check for updates.
To check for available updates wirelessly/over-the-air:
- From your phone’s home screen, touch Apps
- Touch Settings
- Touch About phone
- Touch System updates
If an update is available, follow the instructions on your phone to download and install it. Once updated, your phone will restart to complete the installation. Updates will not affect your contacts, applications, or data.
To check for available updates using Motorola Device Manager:
Have your computer and USB cable handy and then follow these instructions.
Current Version: 21.11.21.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US
To find the software version on your phone:
1. From your phone’s home screen, touch , then touch Settings
2. Scroll down and touch About phone
3. Your phone’s software version is listed under Build number or System version.
4. Touch Home to return to the home screen.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.