I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
How do I clear the cache partition on the droid maxx?
If you experience problems with applications on the device, you may need to remove temporary files that could be causing the problem. When you clear the cache it will remove temporary files but will not delete your files or settings.
Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.
Android Version 4.4 (KitKat) Steps
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button for 2-3 seconds. While still holding Volume Down button, press and release the Power button.
- From the Boot Options menu, use the Volume Down button to scroll to Recovery Mode and the Volume Up button to select it. If the device reboots, you may have waited too long to make a selection and you'll need to begin the process again.
- The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the Volume Up button, press and release the Power key. Try this step holding the phone in landscape (sideways). If you are stuck, try a force reboot by pressing the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time, and start the process again.
- The device will display additional menu options (text will appear in blue).
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition, then press the Power button to select it.
- The device will then perform the Cache Partition Wipe.
- When the Cache Partition Wipe is complete, the device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.