I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
What is safe mode and how do I use it ?
Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.
- Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
- Application icons will still appear the same on the home screen or within the Apps menu. Apps will launch if you select the icon to activate, they will not automatically launch.
- You may be required to re-add accounts such as Facebook and LinkedIn after initiating Safe mode. (Settings > + Add Account)
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press the Power key
2. Touch and hold Power off
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. While in Safe Mode, launch apps one at a time to identify the app causing the problem
6. Remove the app that causes the problem from the device
To remove an application:
Touch > Play Store > Menu > My apps
Touch the application that you want to remove
Touch Uninstall, then confirm by touching OK
After you have identified and removed the application simply power cycle the device to disable safe mode.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.