How do I enable data encryption on my device?
You can encrypt your accounts, settings, downloaded apps and their data, media and other files. Once you encrypt your phone, you need to type a numeric PIN or password to decyrpt it each time your power it on. Encryption takes an hour or more. You must start with a charged battery and keep your phone plugged in until encyption is complete. If you interrupt the encryption process, you may lose some data or all of your data.
Important Note: You cannot decrypt your phone except by performing a factory data reset, which will erase all your data.To enable data encryption on your device:
- Touch Apps > Settings > Security & Screen Lock > Encrypt phone
- You will be prompted to set up a screen lock. Touch OK
- Touch Screen lock. Select the type of screen lock you prefer. For data encryption, PIN and Password are supported. You may not select None or Pattern
- Choose your PIN or Password and confirm it
- From the Security & Screen Lock menu, select and touch Data encryption again
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.