I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
How do I reset the droid ultra?
There are several ways to reset the device:
- A forced restart, which may resolve an unresponsive or blank display and does not remove any saved information
- A factory data reset, which uses menus to reset and remove any saved information
- An external factory data reset, which uses hardware keys to reset and remove any saved information
If the device is unresponsive or frozen, displays a blank or black screen, or will not respond when the power button is pressed, perform a forced restart.
Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for 30 seconds. The device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
Note: The forced restart does not delete any data stored on the phone.
Factory Data Reset
If you wish to remove all personal information from the device, or are experiencing software issues, perform a Factory Data Reset. This deletes any data stored on the phone.
- Touch .
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Backup & reset.
- Touch Factory Data Reset.
- Touch Reset.
- Touch Reset Phone.
External Factory Reset
If you cannot access the device's menu to perform the standard reset, use the hardware keys to perform an external factory reset.
Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.
- An external factory data reset will remove all data stored on the phone. Before performing this reset, we recommend you back up your stored information.
- This reset requires a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge your phone for 20-30 minutes and try again.
- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button, then press the Power button for about 3 seconds.
- From the Boot Mode Selection Menu screen, use the Volume Down button to scroll to Recovery, and press Volume Up to select.
- When the screen with the Android logo appears, press and hold the Volume Up button for 10-15 seconds.
- While holding the Volume Up button, press and release the Power button.
- Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power key to select it.
- Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power key.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.