How to connect the S305 to a phone or music player
To connect the S305 to a phone or music player:
- Turn off any Bluetooth devices previously paired with the headset.
- Turn on the headset by pressing and holding the Power button until the LED indicator light turns green.
- The indicator light will flash red and green to indicate the headset is in discoverable mode.
Main Steps to Connect to a Phone:
- On the phone, touch Apps , then touch Settings.
- Turn Bluetooth on . To extend battery life, turn Bluetooth off when not in use.
- Touch Bluetooth to scan for available Bluetooth devices.
- Select Motorola S305 in the list of discovered devices.
- Enter the passkey or pair code: 0000 or 1234.
- Touch the device name again to connect to it if it doesn't connect automatically.
Connect to a Music Player:
- Turn on the Bluetooth feature on the music player.
- Set the music player to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Select Motorola S305 from the search results on the music player.
- Select OK or Yes to pair the headset with the music player. If prompted, enter 0000 for the passkey.
Connect the Bluetooth device to a phone and music player at the same time:
- Pair and connect the Bluetooth headset to your phone first using the steps above.
- Turn off your phone and the headset.
- Turn the headset back on. The Bluetooth indicator flashes red and green to indicate the headset is in discoverable mode.
- Set the music player to search for Bluetooth devices and connect using the steps above.
- Turn off the headset.
- Turn the phone back on and make sure the Bluetooth feature is turned on in both the phone and music player.
- Turn the headset back on. It should now connect to both devices.
Connect to an iPod
You can connect to an iPod to listen to music on your headphones using a Motorola D650 adapter:
- Turn off any Bluetooth devices previously paired with the headset then turn the headset off and on to place in pairing mode (indicator light flashes red and green).
- Turn the iPod on and place it in pause mode.
- Connect the Motorola D650 adapter to your iPod.
- Press the Play/Pause button on the iPod to search for the headset. When the adapter’s indicator light begins to flash slowly, it is in pairing mode.
- When the adapter and headset connect, the adapter’s indicator light changes to a slow pulse. Music playing from the iPod should now be heard through the headset.
If you are on a phone call using the headset for longer than 2 minutes, the adapter and iPod will enter power saving mode. When you are finished with the call, press the Play/Pause button on the iPod twice to turn it back on and play music again.
To initiate pairing (discoverable) mode manually when the headset is already powered on, press and hold the Call and the Volume Up buttons for about 3 seconds.
To clear the paired devices list in the headset, press and hold Track Forward and Volume Down buttons for about 8 seconds. The headset will turn off after clearing the list.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.