I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Your carrier provides and manages your voicemail. Use the Phone app to set up your mailbox and adjust some voicemail settings.
Set mailbox greeting
- Touch >
- Touch & hold to dial into your mailbox.
- Follow your carrier’s system prompts. If your voicemail is not set up, contact your carrier for instructions.
Change other voicemail options
- Touch > > Settings
(If you don't see , swipe down on the screen.)
- Touch Voicemail.
- Touch Advanced Settings.
- Change any of the options:
- To change voicemail service from your provider to another voicemail service or app, touch Service.
- To change the number dialed to access voicemail, touch Setup.
To add a voicemail passcode:
- Touch Phone
- Touch Menu
- Touch Settings
- Touch Voicemail
- Touch Advanced Settings > Setup
- Touch Voicemail number then touch data entry spot to bring up keypad
- Touch *#
- Touch Pause to enter a pause after voicemail number (check with your carrier if you need additional information)
Note: Certain automated systems may require multiple pauses.
- Enter your voicemail passcode and touch OK
Fix a problem
If remains in your status bar after you listen to your voicemails, try the following.
First, force stop the app:
- Touch & hold
- Touch Force stop.
This restarts the app and should remove the notification.
If that doesn't help:
Call yourself from another phone and leave a short message.
Go into to your voicemail and delete this message, but wait to hang up until the notification icon has disappeared from your status bar.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.