I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
- Google account
- Media (music, photos, videos)
- System settings and data
- App settings and data (including text messages)
- Downloaded apps
- Back up your data.
If your phone works and you can unlock it, be sure to:
- Copy your photos, videos, and music to a computer or to cloud storage.
- Make sure that any changes you made to contacts or calendar are synced to an account.
- Make sure you have your security information:
- The username for a Google account on your phone. (Settings > Accounts)
- The password for that Google account. If you've forgotten the password, you can reset it. Wait 24 hours before resetting the phone if you reset your password.
- If you set a screen lock, make sure you know the PIN, pattern, or password.
Reset phone from Settings
To erase all data and reset your phone:
- Go to Settings > System
- Touch Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset)
- Charge your battery 30% or more.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the phone turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button until you see Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to restart in Recovery mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset, then press the Power button to select it.
- Use Volume buttons to scroll to Yes, then press the Power button to select it.
Allow several seconds for the reset to complete.
- Use Volume buttons to scroll to Reboot system now, then press the Power button to select it.
Allow several minutes for the reboot to complete. If the phone doesn't finish rebooting, press & hold the Power button until the screen turns dark, then release it to power up normally.
- If you reset your phone because you suspect a third-party app is causing problems, when you set up the phone again, be sure you don't copy all apps. Then, restore one app at a time and use the phone for a while. If the phone has no issues, install the next app and retest.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.