I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Dial contacts, recent calls, or numbers, all from one app.
To answer an incoming call:
- On the Incoming call screen, touch Answer.
- On the lock screen, drag to .
During a call, you can use the keypad to enter numbers or codes, use speakerphone or a paired Bluetooth device, and add other people to the call.
If you don’t want to talk to the caller, you can:
- Divert the call to voicemail. On the Incoming call screen, touch Dismiss. Or, on the lock screen, drag to or press the Power button. You can also automatically divert all calls from a specified number to voicemail.
- Respond with a text message. On the lock screen, swipe up from the lower left hand corner. Choose from the default messages or select write your own.
- Block all calls from that number. > RECENTS > Touch & hold a call from the number to block > Block number.
To Make a call:
- Touch .
- On the DIALER tab, enter a number.
- If you enter a wrong number, touch .
- Touch to call the number.
- To hang up, touch .
Other call options
- Touch .
- Place a call by doing any of the following:
- To dial by voice, touch and say a name or number. (Or, skip the Phone app entirely and use a voice command to call someone.)
- To call someone by name, start typing the name in the search box. You'll see a list of possible matches. Just touch one to call.
- To dial a number, touch DIALER, enter a number and touch . If you enter a wrong number, touch .
- To scroll through contacts and touch a number to call, touch CONTACTS. (If the dialer is open, swipe down to see the CONTACTS tab.)
- To call contacts that you've starred, touch the SPEED DIAL tab.
- To return a call, touch RECENTS, then touch next to the number.
- During a call, you can use the keypad to enter numbers or codes, use speakerphone or a paired Bluetooth device, and add other people to the call. Learn more.
- To hang up, touch .
During a call
Your screen goes dark to avoid accidental touches. To wake it up, move it away from your face or press the Power button.
During a call, you can:
- Multitask. Touch to hide the call screen and use other apps. To return to the call screen, swipe the status bar down and touch Ongoing call.
- Answer another call. If call waiting is active and a new call comes in, you can answer it. The first call is put on hold. Touch to merge the two calls.
- Adjust the volume. Use the volume button on the side of the phone.
- Use speakerphone. Touch .
- Use a paired Bluetooth device. Touch to use or stop using the device.
- Mute your microphone. Touch .
- Enter numbers, such as a conference code. Touch DIALER.
- Add another person to the call. Touch .
- To end a call, touch .
Note: When you hold the smartphone to your ear, the display goes dark to prevent accidental touches. When you move the smartphone away from your ear, the display lights up again. During a call, your screen might stay dark if the sensor is covered. We do not recommend using covers or screen protectors that cover this sensor.
Clear call history
Clear all calls
- Touch > > Call History.
- Touch > Clear call history.
Make conference calls
To make a conference call:
- Call the first person.
- To call the next person, touch ADD CALL, enter the number, then touch .
- To join the calls after the second person answers, touch MERGE CALLS.
To find your phone number, touch Apps > Settings > System > About phone > Status > SIM Status > My Phone number
To silence an incoming call alert, press Power or the volume keys
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.