Tip: To enable all features and get optimized performance, visit the Play Store to ensure you are running the latest version of Motorola Camera.
Take and share photos
Capture moments before they pass by. Open your camera in under two seconds with two twists of your phone, even from a locked screen. Your camera has features and settings that provide clearer, more detailed, and more vibrant photos.
Take a photo
1. Open the camera:
- Twist your phone twice from any screen to open the camera immediately. (turn this on in Moto > actions)
- Or, touch > Camera.
2. Frame your subject:
- To switch between front-facing and back-facing cameras, touch
- To zoom, pinch in or out.
- To change the focus location, drag the focus ring.
- To change the exposure, slide the control on the focus ring to lighten or darken the shot.
3. Touch to take a photo.
- To shoot continuously, touch & hold ; your captures are counted on the shutter.
- To touch anywhere on the screen instead of using , swipe right to open settings, select shutter type, and set to Tap anywhere to capture.
- If the photo looks blurry, wipe the lens clean with a soft, dry cloth and retake the photo.
4. Swipe left to review your photos and videos:
- To view all thumbnails, touch the screen, then touch .
- To view photos and videos later, touch > Photos.
- You can also view photos using other photo apps you installed.
Adjust basic settings
You'll see these frequently-used settings when you open the Camera:
HDR mode for high contrast
Switch modes: take video, slow-motion video, panoramic photos, or switch to Professional mode to manually control advanced settings like shutter speed, exposure, white balance, ISO, and focus.
Adjust advanced settings
Swipe right to change these camera settings:
- Shutter Sound: Turn sound on or off.
- Storage: Specify where new photos or videos are stored.
- Quick capture: Enable/disable Twist to open gesture.
- Location: Turn geo-tags on or off.
- Photo size (rear camera): Adjust file size and dimensions.
- Tap anywhere to capture: Touch anywhere on Camera to take pictures instead of .
To refine settings for a particular photo:
1. Frame your subject.
2. Touch > Professional mode.
3. Touch an icon to adjust an individual setting or touch to adjust them all.
4. Drag an icon to adjust its setting:
- Manual focus
- White balance
- Shutter speed
- ISO, the camera's sensitivity to light.
5. Do any of the following:
- To return to default settings, touch .
- To close settings, touch .
- To take the photo, touch . Settings return to default for the next shot.
Take panoramic photos
The camera includes a Panorama mode that lets you create a single image by panning across a scene.
To take a panoramic photo:
- Swipe the viewfinder right to see settings.
- Touch > to turn on Panorama mode.
- Frame one side of the scene for your panorama.
- Touch the screen anywhere and, when prompted, slowly start panning across the scene. Keep your motion smooth and use a steady speed.
- When you reach the end of your scene, touch .
Click here for details on sharing, editing, and deleting your photos or videos.
Click here for details on transferring pictures and videos from your phone to your computer.
- Third-party cases can interfere with the camera. Try removing the case if you have image-quality issues with photos.
- Please make sure there is not a protective covering over the camera lens.
- Ensure the camera lens is clean and free from any obstructions. Take a dry cloth and gently clean the camera lens.
- Make sure your finger is not covering or shading the camera lens while taking the photo or video.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.