I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid - Maintenance Release Notes
We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid . This update brings important improvements to your phone.
For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
This update introduces changes including the following:
- Android security: Includes the updates of Android security patches until May 1st 2017.
- Moto Mods™ support: Adds support for future Moto Mods.
For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when the battery in your phone is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select "Yes, I'm in".
2. After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
3. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
4. Your phone is now updated.
If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
1. Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
2. Select "About phone".
3. Select "System updates".
4. Select "Yes, I'm in". After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
5. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
6. Your phone is now updated.
If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.