What security and screen lock options are available on my moto g5 plus?
Your device has several different lock options available. If a lock is set for your screen, the screen goes dark and locks when the display goes to sleep or if you press the Power button.
To access your lock options, touch > Settings > Security > Screen lock
Screen Lock Options
- Swipe - provides no protection, but lets you get to the Home screen quickly.
- Pattern - lets you draw a simple pattern with your finger to unlock the phone.
- PIN - requires four or more numbers. Longer PINs tend to be more secure.
- Password - requires four or more letters or numbers. This is the most secure option, as long as you create a strong password.
Important note: Your phone may contain security policies set by your IT administrator which may override any settings you attempt to set under screen security. Please contact your IT Admin for more information.
Set the period of time after sleep, to lock your phone, except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock
To turn this on, select the next to Screen Lock, select Automatically Lock and choose your desired time frame.
Power button instantly locks
The power button will instantly lock your screen, except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock
To turn this on, select the next to Screen Lock, and ensure the Power button instantly locks toggle is set to ON.
To add a Lock Screen Message
- Touch Settings
- Select Security
- Touch the next to Screen Lock.
- Select Lock Screen Message
- Enter the message you desire to display on your lock screen such as lost phone contact information.
- Select SAVE
Click here to learn more about Smart Lock.
Click here to learn more about Fingerprint Security.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.