I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Dial contacts, recent calls, or numbers, all from one app.
To make a call:
- Touch .
- Touch and enter a number.
- If you enter a wrong number, touch .
- Touch to call the number.
- To hang up, touch .
To enter the international dialing code (+), touch and hold 0.
To add a pause or wait after numbers, tap Menu .
To answer a call:
When you receive a phone call, the Incoming call screen shows the caller ID. If you miss a call, you see in the status bar.
When a call arrives
To answer an incoming call:
- On the Incoming call screen, touch Answer.
- On the lock screen, swipe up to answer a voice call, or swipe the caller's icon/picture up to answer a video call.
During a call, you can use the keypad to enter numbers or codes, use speakerphone or a paired Bluetooth device, and add other people to the call. Learn more.
If you don’t want to talk to the caller, you can:
- Divert the call to voicemail. On the Incoming call screen, touch Dismiss. Or, on the lock screen, press the Power button. You can also automatically divert all calls from a specified number to voicemail.
- Respond with a text message. On the lock screen, swipe up. You can customize these default messages.
- Block all calls from that number.
Note: When you hold the smartphone to your ear, the display goes dark to prevent accidental touches. When you move the smartphone away from your ear, the display lights up again. During a call, your screen might stay dark if the sensor is covered. We do not recommend using covers or screen protectors that cover this sensor.
To view recent calls, touch Recents at the top of the screen.
To call a number, touch next to the entry.
To send a text message, create a contact, view a contact, or other options, touch an entry.
To clear the list, touch Menu > Remove from call log
Set your most-used contacts as favorites.
To set a favorite, touch > Contacts, select a contact and touch
To see your favorites, touch > Contacts >
Conference calls (3-way calling)
During a call, you can start another call, switch between them, or join them in a 3-way call:
- To answer a second call, touch and drag to .
Once you answer the second call, the first call goes on hold. To switch between calls, touch
- To dial a second call, touch Add call, enter a number then touch .
The first call goes on hold when you touch . To join the calls after the second call answers, touch
Caller ID by Google identifies inbound and outbound numbers, even for callers not saved as contacts in the People app.Whenever you get a call from a phone number not in your contacts, your phone will look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
Delete calls from history
Caution: There’s no way to restore the history after you delete it.
To delete one call:
- Touch .
- Touch .
- Touch the number.
- Touch Call details.
- Touch at the top of the screen.
To delete all calls:
- Touch .
- Touch > Call History.
- Touch > Clear call history.
To find your phone number, touch Apps > Settings > About phone > Status > My Phone number
To silence an incoming call alert, press Power or the volume keys
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.