I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Use the fingerprint sensor to unlock your phone, make fast and secure online purchases, and sign into bank and finance apps. You can add more than one fingerprint. Fingerprints are stored securely on the phone.
Set up fingerprint security
- Set up a backup screen lock (pattern, PIN, or password).
- Touch Settings > Security, and touch Fingerprint.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to scan your fingerprint using the square sensor on the bottom front of your phone.
Note: If you do not have a physical square sensor on the bottom of your phone, you do not have a Moto G Plus 4th Generation. The fingerprint sensor is not part of the Moto G 4th Generation.
Add more fingerprints
You can add fingerprints for other fingers you might use or for other users.
- If multiple users share the phone, users should add their fingerprints from within their user profile, instead of adding multiple fingerprints to your owner profile.
- Anyone whose fingerprints are added to a user profile can unlock the phone and authorize purchases with the associated Google account or apps.
- Touch Settings > Security > Screen lock.
- Touch Fingerprint, and unlock the screen.
- Touch Add fingerprint, and use the fingerprint sensor to scan another fingerprint
- Rename each fingerprint. Touch the current name, enter a new name, and touch OK.
Use fingerprint sensor
To wake and unlock your screen, or any time you see on the screen, touch your finger to the sensor to verify your identity.
After you touch , you'll also need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password if:
- You're restarting the phone.
- More than 72 hours have passed since you have unlocked the phone.
- After 5 unsuccessful read attempts.
- You’re accessing Settings > Security.
- The sensor can’t read the fingerprint.
Remove a fingerprint
- Touch Settings > Security.
- Touch Fingerprint, and unlock the screen with your pattern, PIN, or password.
- Touch Fingerprint to remove it, and touch Delete.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.