I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
If your device is not charging properly, try the following:
Inspect the charger
- Check the insulation on the wire for cuts.
- Ensure the micro-USB plug fits snugly and securely into the device.
- Ensure that the transformer (the larger portion with the wall outlet plugs) is not visibly damaged. Some wall outlets can be loose - the prongs of the plug do not firmly make contact with the conductors inside the wall. While connected to your device, jiggle the charger at the wall outlet and watch the battery icon at the top of the phone's status bar. If the charging icon shows intermittently, try using a different outlet (and get an electrician to replace the loose outlet).
Use the right charger
- It is best to use the Motorola charger that came with your phone. Chargers have different output capacities, and a weak charger will take longer to charge your battery. If the device is in heavy use while charging, it may be possible for a weak charger to fail to provide enough energy to actually charge at all.
Typical battery charging
- If your battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes for the device to begin charging. The battery needs to charge to a minimum voltage before the system can boot up, and this may take a few moments to achieve.
- If you have already been using your phone for a while, sometimes a collection of applications are using resources and background services that keep your phone more active than it needs to be. Close out of open applications before charging. To do this, hold the recent button in the lower right and swipe each window to the right or use the 'X' in the upper right hand corner on each window. Try to observe if any particular applications use more energy than you expect (discharging faster or charging slower).
- Reboot your phone if you have not turned it off in a long time (> 1 week). Press and hold the power key to select the Power Off option. Then turn your phone back on and charge your phone normally.
- Learn more about Tips to Extend your Battery Life.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.