I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Moto Assist - Moto G 3rd Generation
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Android 6.0 introduced new features which enabled us to integrate Assist into other places.
To keep your phone quiet while you are sleeping or while you are busy in a meeting you may wish to consider using the Do not disturb feature from Android. To set it up, swipe the status bar down with two fingers and tap the gear icon at the top right corner of your screen. Once in the Settings menu, scroll down and tap Sound & notification, then go to Do not disturb.
To keep your screen dark while you are sleeping, open the Moto app, tap the icon on the top right corner of your screen, then go to Display and set the time under Keep screen dark.
Note: “Keep quiet” at locations is no longer supported.
Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
Assist suggests actions to automate tasks, based on how you use your device. It allows you silence your ringer during meetings, and more.
- Silences your phone
- Turn off Moto Display while you sleep
- Silences your phone
- Sends auto-replies via text messages to missed calls from Favorites
- You can now customize your auto-reply in meeting mode
Moto Assist looks at your calendar to figure out if you are in a meeting. Moto Assist follows a complex set of rules to filter out things on your calendar that may not actually be a meeting (e.g. birthdays, reminders, etc). We consider the user to be in a meeting if the calendar event:
- is from a calendar visible on device
- is from a calendar that you are the owner
- has been accepted
- is not deleted
- is not cancelled
- is not all day (all day event box checked) or duration < 24
- Meetings where you’re marked as “Available” will not trigger meeting mode
- Meeting mode silences the notification and ringer audio streams. Bluetooth headsets play through the media stream and phone streams. Bluetooth headsets may also have separate experiences for incoming calls or SMS. Accordingly, the Bluetooth headset may still play audio in a Meeting.
When you configure the Sleep activity in Moto Assist, a part of the configuration is to set your sleep times. However, certain callers can still get through if needed.
- Changing the volume of the phone un-silences the phone when it is in Sleep mode. Manually silence your phone again, the phone will silence itself the next day.
Sleep Mode silences the notification and ringer audio streams, so that if you are playing media or have alarms set in the morning, that audio will not be muted. Bluetooth headsets play through the media stream and phone streams. Bluetooth headsets may also have separate experiences for incoming calls or SMS. Accordingly, the Bluetooth headset may still play audio in a Meeting.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.