I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Talkback's "Explore By Touch" feature - MOTO G 3RD GENERATION
When TalkBack is turned on, you have the option to use the Explore by Touch feature. Explore by Touch describes each item that your finger moves over on the screen.
To turn on this feature, go to Settings > Accessibility > Talkback > Settings > check the Explore by touch checkbox
Each action you take with your finger alerts you with spoken feedback, as well as vibration and sound (if enabled).
To navigate your phone using Explore by Touch, you can:
- Explore your screen using one finger to hear what icons and buttons are on the screen and can be selected.
- After finding icons and buttons, touch once to open apps, menus, and more.
- By swiping with two fingers, you can change screens and scroll within lists.
If the content extends beyond the screen and can be scrolled, your phone alerts you with a rising tone. As you scroll, you will hear ascending and descending tones to let you know your position within the list.
When TalkBack and Explore by Touch are turned on, you can use simple gestures to navigate your device:
- Touch once to select apps, menus and more, touch to open.
- Drag one finger - Explore your screen and hear audible feedback for what is being touched.
- Double-tap anywhere on the screen - Opens or activates the item that you last touched (selected).
- Swipe up or down using two fingers - Scroll lists and pages.
- Swipe left or right using two fingers - Change pages and screens.
- Swipe right (or down) using one finger - Move to the next item.
- Swipe left (or up) using one finger - Move to the previous item.
- Swipe down then up using a single motion - Transition to the next reading level when reading blocks of text, then swipe right to read forward or left to go back.
- Swipe up then down using a single motion - Transition to the previous reading level when reading blocks of text, then swipe right to read forward or left to go back.
- Swipe right then left using a single motion - Move to the next piece of information.
- Swipe left then right using a single motion - Move to the previous piece of information.
While you’re exploring with one finger, you can use another finger to double-tap to open an app, widget, and so on.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.