I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
How do I update the software on my phone using a USB cable?
Download and manually update via Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant (Not compatible with all devices)
What You Need to update:
- USB or USB-C cable
- Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant installed to your Mac or PC
- 2 GB of available disk memory
- Broadband Internet connection
How to check for an update:
When you connect your device via USB, Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant will automatically recognize the device.
The Upgrade Rom page displays the devices information including model, battery power, IMEI, SN, Internal storage capacity, external storage capacity, and Current Version and New Version.
- Click the download icon to download ROM.
- When the ROM download finishes, click the “Upgrade” button to upgrade device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After successful upgrade, “Finish” will be displayed.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.