I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
How do I setup and use Bluetooth?
Your phone can connect to other devices wirelessly, using Stereo Bluetooth® technology Class 1, v4.1 technology with several Bluetooth® Profiles.
To turn on and connect a Bluetooth hands-free headset(s), car kit(s), or other Bluetooth devices:
1. Touch Apps
2. Touch Settings
3. Under Wireless & networks; Touch Bluetooth
Tip: To extend battery life, turn Bluetooth off when not in use.
4. Turn Bluetooth On
5. Your phone will be scanning for available Bluetooth devices (make sure your device is in pairing mode)
6. Touch the Bluetooth device to select it
7. Type the PIN if needed (PIN is usually 0000 or 1234)
8. Touch the device name again to connect to it. (If it doesn't automatically)
- If your device is not connecting to the Bluetooth accessory, it is recommended that you try to reset the Bluetooth device. Check your accessory user guide for reset details.
- During the Bluetooth pairing/connection process, some car kits will require you to accept the PBAP and MAP notifications to successfully establish a connection. Ignoring or rejecting the request may cause the car to disconnect and again try to establish a connection. This can result in you seeing a continuous sequence of connections and disconnections.
To avoid this situation, you should allow the PBAP and MAP requests and also click the "Always Allow" check box so you only need to accept these requests once. If you are already experiencing this situation, please disconnect (un-pair) the phone from the car and reconnect again. This time being sure to accept the PBAP and MAP requests and click the "Always Allow" checkbox.
To manually reconnect your phone with a paired device, touch the device name in the Bluetooth devices list.
In order to automatically disconnect your phone from a paired device, simply turn off the device.
To manually disconnect your phone from a paired device, touch the device name in the devices list, then press Menu > Disconnect.
The phone name identifies your phone in a Bluetooth network.
- Touch Apps
- Touch Settings
- Under Wireless & networks; Touch Bluetooth
- Touch Menu
- Touch Rename this device
Your device uses Stereo Bluetooth® technology Class 1, v4.1.
The following Bluetooth profiles are supported:
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.