I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
How do I reset the droid turbo?
There are several ways to reset the device:
- A forced restart, which may resolve an unresponsive or blank display and does not remove any saved information
- A factory data reset, which uses menus to reset and remove any saved information
- An external factory data reset, which uses hardware keys to reset and remove any saved information
Reset the phone
The last option is to factory reset the device.
* Reset will require a minimum battery level of 20%.
* This will reset the device to the factory default state and it will clear out the memory buffers and reset the device and application data.
* Ensure any personal data is backed up.
To reset the device:
2. Touch Settings
3. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset
Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option.
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
Tip: After power up we recommend to NOT enter a Gmail account to ensure applications are not automatically downloaded. (You will be able to enter your Gmail account later and reinstall your applications).
Tip: Once you have verified that the issue has been eliminated, enter your Gmail account and manually reinstall your applications.
External Factory Reset
If you cannot access the device's menu to perform the standard reset, use the hardware keys to perform an external factory reset.
Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.
Once you have reset your password, turn the phone on in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password.
- An external factory data reset will remove all data stored on the phone. Before performing this reset, we recommend you back up your stored information.
- This reset requires a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge your phone for 20-30 minutes and try again.
Android 5.x (Lollipop)/Android 6.x (Marshmallow)
Perform an External Factory Reset
- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight Recovery mode.
- Press the Power key to restart into Recovery mode.
- The screen will display an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release Power.
- Use the volume keys to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power key to select it.
- Scroll down to Yes - erase all user data and press the Power key to select it.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.