I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Please provide the following
Using the camera - Droid Turbo
Before you begin
To enable all features and get optimized performance, visit the Play Store to ensure you are running the latest version of Motorola Camera.
- Launch Camera - Touch on the home screen or, if Quick Capture is turned on, quickly twist your wrist twice at any time.
- Take Photo - Touch anywhere on the screen to take the photo.
- Burst - Touch and hold the screen to take multiple shots.
- Zoom - Drag up or down with one finger to zoom between 1X - 4X.
- Touch in the camera screen to switch between front and rear camera.
- Touch in the camera screen to switch to video camera and start recording.
- Touch to stop recording.
- To capture a still shot during a video, touch anywhere on the screen while recording to save a photo.
In the Camera app, swipe the screen right to view the camera options listed below.
|HDR (High Dynamic Range) is best when used for landscapes or outdoor portraits. Not recommended for action shots.
Note: HDR mode will not work when Flash is set to On.
|Flash - Set to On, Off or Auto.|
|Tap to focus - Touch on the screen.|
Video - HD (1080p) , SloMo (720p), Ultra HD (4K) (2160p). HD video is 1080p at 30fps. SloMo video is 1080p at 60fps (this allows for the slow playback mode of SloMo video).
Note: The size limit for video captures is 4GB; approximately 10 minutes using Ultra HD and 25 minutes using 1080p.
|Panorama - Take a panoramic photo.|
|Timer - Choose from 3 seconds or 10 seconds.|
Location - Tag your photos with a location
Your photos and videos can be tagged with GPS location if this setting is enabled (which requires your permission).
The Motorola Gallery will use this location information to better organize your photos for Highlight Reels.
Other 3rd party apps can also use this location information.
|Storage location - When a memory card is inserted, you can choose to store images directly to the card.|
|Resolution - Widescreen (15.5MP, 16:9), Standard (21MP, 4:3).|
|Shutter Tone - Turn the shutter tone On or Off.|
|Quick Capture - Turn Quick Capture On or Off.
To use Quick Capture, quickly twist your wrist twice to launch the camera at any time.
Click here for video.
Focusing on close objects
Macro focus is designed to work at a distance of 10cm or greater due to the lens characteristics of the camera on the device. The camera may not be able to reliably focus on objects that are closer than this distance. Suggested work around is to take picture further away from the object and crop or zoom to get the desired effect
- Third-party cases can interfere with the camera. Try removing the case if you have image-quality issues with photos.
- Please make sure there is not a protective covering over the camera lens.
- Ensure the camera lens is clean and free from any obstructions. Use a dry cloth to gently clean the camera lens.
- Make sure your finger is not covering or shading the camera lens while taking the photo or video.
Why does the video resolution change back to HD 1080p after each camera session?
Ultra HD 4K video is a new feature which provides higher resolution video capture. However because the 4K video sizes are very large, the camera reverts back to HD 1080p video after every session to conserve user memory space. Also, Highlight Reels cannot be processed with 4K video and will not be included; whereas HD 1080p video can be included and provides the best HLR experience.
You can share, edit, or delete photos and videos.
Transfer photos and videos from the phone to a computer.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.