I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Soft Reset - In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following the steps below.
Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
Note: The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.
Factory Data Reset - is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
- Go to Settings > System
- Touch Advanced
- Touch Reset options
- Touch Erase all data (Factory Data Reset)
- Charge your battery 30% or more.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the phone turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button until you see Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to restart in Recovery mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset, then press the Power button to select it.
- Use Volume buttons to scroll to Yes, then press the Power button to select it.
Allow several seconds for the reset to complete.
- Use Volume buttons to scroll to Reboot system now, then press the Power button to select it.
Allow several minutes for the reboot to complete. If the phone doesn't finish rebooting, press & hold the Power button until the screen turns dark, then release it to power up normally.
- If you reset your phone because you suspect a third-party app is causing problems, when you set up the phone again, be sure you don't copy all apps. Then, restore one app at a time and use the phone for a while. If the phone has no issues, install the next app and retest.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.