I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Using Bluetooth - Moto E 2nd Generation
Your phone can connect to other devices wirelessly, using Stereo Bluetooth® technology Class 2, v4.0 LE + EDR technology with several Bluetooth® Profiles.
To turn on and connect a Bluetooth hands-free headset(s), car kit(s), or other Bluetooth devices:
- On the Home screen, press the Menu key
- Tap Settings
- Touch Bluetooth to turn it On
- Touch Bluetooth (the word) to get into the settings
- Touch Scan for devices (make sure your device is in pairing mode) (Newer phones are automatically discoverable as long as bluetooth settings are open.)
- Your phone scans for available Bluetooth devices
- Touch the Bluetooth device you want to connect to
- If the phone prompts for a PIN enter 1234, or 0000. OR, refer to the Bluetooth device's user guide.
- Touch the device name again to connect to it. (If it doesn't automatically)
In order to automatically reconnect your phone with a paired device, simply turn on the device.
To manually reconnect your phone with a paired device, touch the device name in the Bluetooth devices list.
In order to automatically disconnect your phone from a paired device, simply turn off the device.
To manually disconnect your phone from a paired device, touch the gear icon next to the device and then select "unpair".
Changing the phone name
The phone name identifies your phone in a Bluetooth network. Default name is usually XT followed by some numbers. (Numbers vary based on phone model)
Make sure that you have turned Bluetooth on (See steps above)
In the bluetooth settings, select the three dots in the upper right, and then Rename Device.
Enter the name for your phone in the dialog box, then touch OK
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.