moto x4 - Android™ 8.0 Oreo™ Release Notes
We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto X4. This update brings important improvements to your phone.
For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotox.
NOTE: you cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
This update introduces changes including the following:
● Android™ 8.0.0 Oreo: many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver and battery features.
● Android security: includes the updates of Android security patches until 1 December 2017.
● Stability improvements: includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when the battery in your phone is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select "Download and install".
2. After the software has been downloaded, select "Restart now".
3. Your phone has been updated.
If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
1. Select the "Settings" icon in the apps menu.
2. Select 'About phone'.
3. Select 'System updates'.
4. Select "Download and install".
5. After the software has been installed, select "Restart now".
6. Your phone has been updated.
If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotox
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.