You'll see these frequently-used settings when you open the Camera:
HDR mode for high contrast
Switch modes: Professional mode to manually control advanced settings like shutter speed, exposure, white balance, ISO, and focus. Add Face Filters, Take Depth Enabled Photos, Panorama, or Use Spot Color. OR while in Video Mode, Slow Motion or Face Filters.
Adjust advanced settings
Swipe right to change these camera settings:
- Shutter Sound: Turn sound on or off.
- Storage: Specify where new photos or videos are stored.
- Quick capture: Enable/disable Twist to open gesture.
- Location: Turn geo-tags on or off.
- Photo size (rear camera): Adjust file size and dimensions.
- Tap anywhere to capture: Touch anywhere on Camera to take pictures instead of .
To refine settings for a particular photo:
1. Frame your subject.
2. Touch > Professional mode.
3. Touch an icon to adjust an individual setting or touch to adjust them all.
4. Drag an icon to adjust its setting:
- Manual focus
- White balance
- Shutter speed
- ISO, the camera's sensitivity to light.
5. Do any of the following:
- To return to default settings, touch .
- To close settings, touch .
- To exit Professional mode and return to normal mode, touch > Photo.
Click here for details on sharing, editing, and deleting your photos or videos.
- To enable all features and get optimized performance, visit the Play Store to ensure you are running the latest version of Motorola Camera.
- Third-party cases can interfere with the camera. Try removing the case if you have image-quality issues with photos.
- Please make sure there is not a protective covering over the camera lens.
- Ensure the camera lens is clean and free from any obstructions. Take a dry cloth and gently clean the camera lens.
- Make sure your finger is not covering or shading the camera lens while taking the photo or video.
- Still experiencing issues? Try clearing the camera cache.
Go to Settings > Apps > See all apps > Camera.
To free up space by removing temporary files, touch Storage > Clear cache. Over time, the cache builds up again, so repeat if a problem occurs.
If problems still occur, then delete all data saved in the app by touching Storage > Clear data. Be careful - there’s no way to undo this.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.