Moto Z Play - Android™ 7.1.1 - Nougat - Release Notes
We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto Z Play by Motorola. This update brings Android™ 7.1.1 Nougat to your phone along with other improvements.
For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
NOTE: all information on your phone will be saved. You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
This update introduces changes including the following:
● Android™ 7.1.1 Nougat: many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver and battery features.
● Video calling: Duo is a one-to-one video calling app for everyone - designed to be simple, reliable and fun so you never miss a moment.
● Android security: includes the updates of Android security patches until 1 July 2017.
● App Shortcuts: brings you app shortcuts directly from your Home screen. Launch actions on your favourite apps by simply pressing and holding the app icon. (It requires app compatibility).
● Moto Mods™ support: updates the Moto Mods platform to the version 2.0.
For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when your phone's battery is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select 'Yes, I'm in'.
2. Once the software has downloaded, select 'Install now'.
3. Once the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
4. Your phone has been updated.
If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
1. Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
2. Select 'About phone'.
3. Select 'System updates'.
4. Select 'Yes, I'm in'. Once the software has downloaded, select 'Install now'.
5. Once the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
6. Your phone has been updated.
If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.