Use fingerprint security - Moto G Plus (4th Gen.)
Use the fingerprint sensor to unlock your phone, make fast and secure online purchases, and sign into bank and finance apps. You can add more than one fingerprint. Fingerprints are stored securely on the phone.
Set up fingerprint security
- Set up a backup screen lock (pattern, PIN, or password).
- Go to Settings > Security.
- Touch Fingerprint.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to scan your fingerprint using the square sensor on the bottom front of your phone.
Add more fingerprints
You can add fingerprints for other fingers you might use or for other users.
Keep in mind that:
- If multiple users share the phone, users should add their fingerprints from within their user profile, instead of adding multiple fingerprints to your owner profile.
- Anyone whose fingerprints are added to a user profile can unlock the phone and authorize purchases with the associated Google account or apps.
- Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock
- Fingerprint and unlock the screen
- Touch Add fingerprint
- Use the fingerprint sensor to scan another fingerprint
- Rename each fingerprint. Touch the current name, then type a name and touch OK
Use fingerprint sensor
To wake and unlock your screen, or any time you see on the screen, touch your finger to the sensor to verify your identity.
After you touch , you'll also need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password if:
- You're restarting the phone
- More than 72 hours have passed since you unlocked the phone
- After 5 unsuccessful read attempts
- You’re accessing Settings > Security
- The sensor can’t read the fingerprint
Remove a fingerprint
- Go to Settings > Security
- Touch Fingerprint
- Unlock the screen with your pattern, PIN, or password
- Touch the fingerprint to remove
- Touch Delete
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.