How do I clear cache partition on the moto g 1st generation?
A Clear Cache Partition is a good troubleshooting step if you encounter an issue not resolved by turning the phone off and on.
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
Start by locating your Android Version. Settings > About Phone > Android Version.
For Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop)/Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow) instuctions, see HERE.
Android Version 4.4. (Kit Kat)
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds, while holding VOL DOWN press and release the POWER Key. Then release VOL DOWN.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.