I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Cast your moto g8 plus screen to TV
Cast screen or media to TV
Mirror with Chromecast
To mirror your screen on a TV, showing all apps and screens you use on your phone, you must:
- Use a TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Or, plug a Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI port.
To start casting:
- Make sure your phone and Chromecast or TV with Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Cast.
Or, from quick settings, touch .
- Touch the name of the Chromecast or TV to connect.
- On the casting notification, touch > Disconnect.
- Or, from quick settings, touch > Disconnect.
Cast an app
You can cast an app if you:
- Have a smart TV that supports mobile apps for viewing or playing media from your phone. See your TV user guide for instructions to connect your phone.
- Have Chromecast or a TV with Chromecast built-in. This feature is not available in all countries.
Miracast is not supported.
To cast an app:
- Make sure your phone and smart TV or Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In a cast-compatible app (like YouTube), touch .
- You’ll see in the status bar.
- You can still make and receive calls and use your phone’s other features.
To stop casting:
- In the app that's casting, touch and touch the option to disconnect.
- From the notification, touch .
Cast personal media with Wi-Fi Direct
If your TV supports Wi-Fi Direct, set up a connection between your phone and TV so that you can view or play media from your phone.
For information about using Wi-Fi Direct after you've connected, see the user guide that came with your TV
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.