Using Safe Mode on the Moto G Plus (4th Gen.)
Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. It is used to troubleshoot issues. If the issue does not persist in safe mode, this indicates a 3rd party application is the culprit.
* Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
* Device will remain in safe mode until unit is power cycled.
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press the Power key until "Power off" comes up on the screen. Then release the button.
2. Touch and hold "Power off" on the screen.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. While in Safe Mode, test if the issue remains. If it does, further troubleshooting is needed. If it doesn't, this means a third party application is causing it. Begin by uninstalling applications recently installed from the Play Store.
6. Remove the app that causes the problem from the device
To remove an application:
Touch > Play Store > Menu > My apps
Touch the application that you want to remove
Touch Uninstall, then confirm by touching OK
After you have identified and removed the application you can disable safe mode by power cycling the device.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.