Why are random characters and lines are appearing on my display?
Random characters or lines appearing on your display could be caused a few different settings.
You may have inadvertently typed some random characters in the Lock screen message section of your device.
Please follow the instructions below to check or change the Lock screen message:
- Touch Settings
- Touch Security & Location
- Touch the next to Screen Lock
- Touch Lock screen message
- Enter the details you would like to display over your locked screen such as lost device contact information.
- Select SAVE to confirm.
Press the power button to lock your screen and wait a few moments. You should then see your message displayed.
If you have previously enabled Developer options, you may have accidentally enabled a User Interface option under the Developer Options. Your device has several developer options that can be used by application developers when testing applications.
Please follow the instructions below to check the developer options that may have been enabled on your device:
- Touch Settings > Sytem > Advanced
- Touch Developer options (if you do not see Developer options in settings, this is not the issue)
- Uncheck or turn off any options selected under Input, Drawing, and Hardware Accelerated Rendering.
Options under Input
Show Taps - Show visual feedback for touches
Pointer Location - Screen overlay showing current touch data
Options under Drawing
Show Surface updates
Show Layout Bounds
Profile GPU rendering
Enable OpenGL traces
Options under Hardware Accelerated Rendering
Force GPU Rendering
Show GPU updates
Show hardware layout updates
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.