What security and screen lock options are available on my moto z2 force?
Your device has several different lock options available. If a lock is set for your screen, the screen goes dark and locks when the display goes to sleep or if you press the Power button.
To access your lock options, touch > Settings > Security & Location > Screen lock
Screen Lock Options
- Swipe - provides no protection, but lets you get to the Home screen quickly.
- Pattern - lets you draw a simple pattern with your finger to unlock the phone.
- PIN - requires four or more numbers. Longer PINs tend to be more secure.
- Password - requires four or more letters or numbers. This is the most secure option, as long as you create a strong password.
Important note: Your phone may contain security policies set by your IT administrator which may override any settings you attempt to set under screen security. Please contact your IT Admin for more information.
Set the period of time after sleep, to lock your phone, except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock
Power button instantly locks
The power button will instantly lock your screen, except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock
Lock Screen Message
To add your name or a short message to your lock screen for anyone who finds your phone:
- Go to Settings > Security & Location.
- Touch > Lock screen message.
- Type the text to display and touch Save.
Tip: Don't put your mobile number as your contact info unless you can access your voicemail from another device.
Click here to learn more about Smart Lock.
Click here to learn more about Fingerprint Security.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.