I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
How do I reset the moto g3?
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following the steps below.
Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
Note: The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
To reset the device:
2. Touch Settings
3. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset
Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option.
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
Tip: After power up we recommend you do NOT enter a Gmail account. This will ensure applications are not automatically downloaded. (Note: You will be able to enter your Gmail account later and reinstall your applications).
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.