I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart or reboot on the device by following the steps below.
Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
- The forced restart or reboot will not delete any Data on your phone.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
To reset your device:
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Backup & reset
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
Important Note: For enhanced security Google has made the decision to enable device encryption by default on Nexus 6. As a result, completing a Factory Data Reset on your Nexus 6 device will take a longer time to restore device to factory settings and power-up completely to the home screen. Please see estimated times below:
|Memory Size||Factory Data Reset||Initial Power-Up
After Factory Data Reset
|Total Time to
|32GB||10-15 Minutes||7 Minutes||17-22 Minutes|
|64GB||20-25 Minutes||7 Minutes||27-32 Minutes|
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on. You will see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
2. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode"
3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
4. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
6. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.