I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Importing or transferring your contacts into your phone is simple. You export the contacts from Outlook into a csv file, and then import them into Gmail. Once the contacts are loaded into Gmail, you simply have to synchronize Gmail with your phone.
Import Contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Your Phone via Gmail
- In Microsoft Outlook, go to the contacts field.
- From the File menu, select Import and Export.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click Next.
- Select Contacts and click Next.
- Select Replace duplicates with items exported.
- Click Browse.
- Click Desktop and create a name for the file.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- From your computer, go to www.gmail.com
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click GMAIL on the left hand side of your screen..
- Click Contacts - the Contacts list now opens.
- Click More
- Click Import
- Click Choose File, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created and select the file
- Click Import
Your contacts will load.
NOTE: The process for syncing contacts from your mail program to your phone is basically the same. The main objective is to export the contacts as a csv file. If you are experiencing problems with the exportation process, please select help, and search for export or csv.
Placing Contacts onto the Phone using Google Sync
- Touch Apps
- Tap Settings
- Under Accounts; Touch Google
- Select and touch your Google account
- Touch Contacts to sync
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.