How can I connect my MOTOACTV to Wi-Fi?
MOTOACTV utlizes Wi-Fi to sync your work out data with the MOTOACTV portal.
MOTOACTV will try to sync a couple of times shortly after you finish a workout. If those fail, it will try every six hours.
You have two options available to connect your device to Wi-Fi.
Important Note: MOTOACTV will only allow connection to a secure Wi-Fi network. For your privacy Public Wi-Fi networks are not supported.
To setup a Wi-Fi connection using MOTOACTV:
1. Scroll left to Settings
2. Touch Wireless
3. Touch Wi-Fi Networks
4. Touch Add Wi-Fi network
5. Touch the desired network
6. Enter network password
7. Touch Connect
To setup a Wi-Fi connection using MotoCast on your computer:
1. Connect your MOTOACTV to you computer
MotoCast should automatically open when you connect your device to your computer.
If installation doesn’t automatically begin;
For Windows, open My Computer > MotoCast drive > MotoCastSetup.exe.
For Mac, open the MotoCast drive on your desktop > Install MotoCast.app.
You can also download MotoCast from www.mymotocast.com
2. Once installation is complete follow the on-screen prompts to complete MotoCast setup.
3. The Wi-Fi setup screen will appear.
4. Highlight your network and enter your Passkey.
- If you are unable to connect to your network, try resetting your router and trying to reconnect.
- Ensure that your device is not setup as a Public network. Contact your Internet provider for specific details.
- If you choose to Set up Later, or you need to add another network, simply launch MotoCast and select Device > MOTOACTV Wi-Fi Settings
- MOTOACTV does not have the ability to assign a static IP on its own, however, from a router, assign/reserve a specific IP address to the MOTOACTV mac address and every time it connects to the Wi-Fi network, it will get the same "static" IP address reserved. The MOTOACTV mac address can be found from settings -> General ->MOTOACTV status->status-> gives Wi-Fi MAC address.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.