If your mobile phone supports the Bluetooth® profile for sending messages, you can use your MOTONAV device for messaging.
When you receive a new text message, your device shows a new message notification. Tap anywhere on the message notification to hear the message read aloud (unless you are already on a call) or tap Open to read the message.
Tip: To read your messages later, tap Main Menu > Messaging.
Send text messages
- Tap the map, then tap Main Menu > Messages > Create Message.
- Select Custom Message to type a message, My Location to send your current location, or any of the pre-written text messages.
Note: To use a text template (pre-written message), just tap the message in the list.
- Tap Send To.
- Select a contact, or multiple contacts or tap the Keypad button to open the keyboard and dial a number.
- Tap Send.
Tip: You can also select a contact first, then tap Send Text Message to start composing a message.
Reply to messages
- Tap the map, then tap Main Menu > Messaging
- Select the message to reply to.
- Tap Reply.
- Select a quick, pre-written message or tap Custom Message to compose a message using the keyboard.
- Tap Send.
Send your location, ETA, or destination
You can easily send your current location, estimated time of arrival, and destination in a text message:
- While composing a message, tap Insert on the bottom of the keyboard.
- Select My Location, My ETA, My Destination, or All.
- Tap Done to return to your message.
A sentence with your information is automatically inserted into your text message.
- You can add more to your message or tap Send if you’re done.
Use phone numbers in messages
If you receive a text message that has a phone number in it, you can press and hold the number on the screen to dial it, send a message to it, or share it.
If the number matches a number in your contacts, the number appears as that person’s contact name.
Use addresses in messages
If you receive a text message that has an address in it, you can press and hold the address on the screen to map a route to it, make it a favorite, share it, or see it on a map.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.