How can I change the home screen?
There are several ways to customize the device's home screen
Change the Wallpaper
To change the device's wallpaper, touch and hold a blank space on any screen.
From here, select WALLPAPERS, Swipe left along the bottom to see your options. Touch one and select the checkmark next to Set Wallpaper to confirm.
If you would like to use a photo you have taken with your device as the wallpaper
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the photo you want to use.
- Touch in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Use As
- Touch Wallpaper
- select the checkmark next to Set Wallpaper to confirm.
Use a Widget
A widget is a tool for some applications that provides additional informaton for the app such as your calendar, clock, or a music player.
To add a widget,
- Touch and hold a blank space on any screen.
- Select Widgets
- Touch and hold the desired widget
- Drag it to your preferred location. (Keep in mind, most widgets take up more space than regular app icons)
To remove a widget
- Touch and hold the widget you wish to remove
- Drag it to the top of the screen over Remove until the word changes color
The widget has been removed.
To add a shortcut for an application to your home screen:
- Swipe up to see all of your apps.
- Touch and HOLD the application you want
- Place the icon on your home screen. (To place on another screen, drag left/right until you reach the desired location)
To remove a shortcut for an application from your home screen:
- Touch and hold the icon you want to remove
- Drag it to the top of the screen over Remove until the word changes color.
The icon has been removed.
* TIP: These same options apply to the five icons in the bottom tray. These are called favorites.
Folders allow you to organize and categorize your applications for easier access. (Suggestions for folders: Google, Games, Work, Messaging)
To create a folder, simply drag one application icon over another.
To add an application to a folder, simply drag and drop the application icon to the folder.
To remove a folder, touch and HOLD the folder and drag it up to the top of the screen over the word Remove. When the word changes color, release.
To remove an icon from a folder, touch the folder to open it, and then touch and hold the icon you want to remove from the folder. Drag it to a new location on your home screen, or up to the top of the screen over Remove to remove completely.
*TIP: Folders can be created in the favorites tray at the bottom of the home screen as well.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.