Moto Z Play - Maintenance Release Notes
We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto Z Play. This update brings important improvements to your phone.
For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
NOTE: you cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
This update introduces changes including the following:
- Notification tone volume: we have introduced improvements to the volume of the notification tone.
- Android security: includes the updates of Android security patches until 1 February 2017.
- Stability improvements: includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
- VoLTE: enable VoLTE for Smartfren Indonesia
For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when your phone's battery is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select "Yes, I'm in".
2. Once the software has downloaded, select "Install now".
3. Once the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
4. Your phone has been updated.
If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
1. Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
2. Select "About phone".
3. Select "System updates".
4. Select "Yes, I'm in". Once the software has downloaded, select "Install now".
5. Once the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
6. Your phone has been updated.
If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.