Clear cache partition - moto g4 plus
A Clear Cache Partition is a good troubleshooting step if you encounter an issue not resolved by turning the phone off and on.
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
Start by locating your Android Version. Settings > About Phone > Android Version.
For Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) instructions, see HERE
Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop)/Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
- "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.
Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.