Insert or remove SIM and memory cards - Moto G 2nd Generation
**The following information is for 1st and 2nd Generation Moto G models. The Moto G uses a micro SIM card.
For assistance with 3rd Generation Moto G models, please visit Insert or Remove SIM or Memory Cards - Moto G 3rd Gen.
For assistance with the current models, please visit Insert or Remove SIM or Memory Cards - Moto G 4th Gen.
First Steps: Turn off and unplug the phone.
1. Remove the back cover.
Put your finger in the charging port at the bottom of the phone.
Press your thumb on the center of the back and pry the cover off.
Caution: Do not use tools to remove the back cover. Doing so may damage the device.
For more information, watch a video on how to remove the cover: www.motorola.com/backcover
2. Remove and Insert a SIM card.
- Push the SIM card in to release it - then it can slide out. Do NOT pull the SIM card without releasing it.
- With the gold contacts facing down, push the first SIM until it clicks. If you have a second SIM card slot, push second SIM card in slot until it clicks.
In some countries, you can use a second SIM. During setup, you will be asked which SIM to use for data such as calls, texts, applications and more. Learn more about Automatic SIM Selection.
3. Insert or Remove a microSD card.
- Push the microSD card in to release it - then it can slide out. Do NOT pull the microSD card without releasing it.
- With the gold contacts facing down, push the first microSD card in until it clicks.
4. Turn the phone back on.
Important Note: The use of SIM card adapters could potentially damage your device and therefore should not be used. Device damage caused by using either SIM adapters or incorrect SIM cards may void your Motorola limited warranty. You should use only the SIM included with your Moto G or a replacement SIM approved by Motorola.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.