TalkBack provides spoken feedback to help you navigate your phone, describing what screens you are on, what you touch, and what has been activated and de-activated.
When enabled, Talkback's spoken feedback starts immediately. As you navigate your phone, TalkBack describes your actions, alerts you of events, notifications and incoming calls.
Enable / Disable TalkBack
- Touch Apps > Settings > Accessibility > TalkBack.
- Slide the TalkBack switch to the On or Off position > touch OK.
- Anywhere on the screen, swipe down then right in a single motion, as if you were drawing an “L”with your finger. This should work whether the phone is on the lock screen or unlocked.
- In top corners of the screen, select Pause Feedback.
- When the Suspend Talkback message appears, double tap OK.
You can leave TalkBack paused or disable it in Settings > Accessibility and disable talkback.
Learn about the gestures you can use with TalkBack's Explore by Touch.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.