Using Bluetooth™ on the moto g6
To connect with a new Bluetooth accessory or other device, you need to pair with it. You only need to do this once for each device.
- Set the device you want to pair (accessory, computer, other phone, etc.) to Bluetooth discovery mode so that your phone can find it. See the device manufacturer’s instructions.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Connected devices.
- Touch .
As the phone searches for available devices, you'll see .
- Touch an available device to connect.
- Do any of the following:
- If a pairing code appears on your phone and Bluetooth device, make sure the codes match. (If they don't, touch Cancel, verify the name of the device you want to pair with, and try again.)
- If your device shows a passkey (like 0000 or 1234), enter it on your phone. If you don't see a place to enter it, swipe down from the top of your screen and touch the Bluetooth notification.
- If your device doesn't show a passkey and you must enter one for the device to pair, see the device manufacturers' instructions.
- Touch Pair on your phone AND touch the pairing prompt on the other device. If you don't confirm on both devices, pairing will fail.
- Set sharing options if you'll want to share contacts, phone audio, media audio, or internet access.
Tip: If you use a screen lock, you can define a paired Bluetooth device as a trusted device, keeping your phone unlocked while connected to it. When you disconnect or move out of range, your phone locks again. Go to Settings > Security & location > Smart Lock > Trusted devices.
Use paired device
Tip: Bluetooth connections can really drain your battery. Save power by turning Bluetooth off when you're not connected to a device.
After pairing with a device, you’ll need to set sharing options and then you can use Bluetooth to:
- Make or receive calls with a headset
- Make or receive calls and play music over your car's audio system
- Transfer music
- Share photos
- Share contacts
- Share your phone's internet connection with your computer
To set sharing options:
- Go to Settings > Connected devices.
- Do one of the following:
- For a currently connected device, touch the device name.
- For a paired device you're not connected to, touch Previously connected devices, then next to the device name, touch .
- Turn sharing options on or off.
- On the paired device or in the device’s app, look for Bluetooth settings to review and adjust. For more information, see the paired device manufacturer’s instructions.
Reconnect with Bluetooth device
- Open quick settings and touch to turn it on.
- Turn on the Bluetooth device.
Change phone's name
Your phone name identifies your phone in a Bluetooth network. You can change the name.
- Go to Settings > Connected devices
- Touch > Device name
Having a Bluetooth problem. Click here for troubleshooting steps.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.