What is safe mode and how do I use it ?
Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. This will allow you to open determine if a third party application is the cause of your issue. Using safe mode does not delete or modify any user data. This makes it a great troublehsooting tool.
To Enable Safe Mode:
1. From an unlocked screen, Press and hold the Power key.
2. Touch and hold Power off ON THE SCREEN.
3. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
4. If the issue does not continue in safe mode, the cause appears to be a 3rd party app.
5. Simply power cycle the device to turn off safe mode, and then go through the process of trying to identify and remove the problem application.
- Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
- You may be required to re-add accounts such as Facebook and LinkedIn after initiating Safe mode. (Settings > + Add Account)
To remove an application:
Touch APPS > Play Store > Menu > My apps & Games
Touch the application that you want to remove
Touch Uninstall, then confirm by touching OK
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.