In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by holding the power button for five to six seconds.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
To reset the device:
2. Touch Settings
3. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset
Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option.
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
Tip: After power up we recommend you do NOT enter a Gmail account. This will ensure applications are not automatically downloaded. (Note: You will be able to enter your Gmail account later and reinstall your applications).
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.
Once you have reset your password, power up the locked phone in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password.
- When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
- Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
2. Press and release the Volume Down button until the arrow reads "Recovery Mode".
3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
4. Wait until you see an image of an Android robot on his back.
5. While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button.
6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
7. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.