How do I force the Moto Z to reboot or restart when screen is frozen or locked up?
In the unlikely event that your Moto Z becomes unresponsive, try a force reboot.
Warning: Don't attempt to remove or replace the battery —doing so may damage the battery and could cause burning and injury.
- Connect your device to the supplied charger
- To reboot the device, press and hold the Power key for 10 - 20 seconds.
- If this reboot is not succesful, press and hold the volume down & power key together for 30-40 seconds.
- Data on your phone will not be deleted.
- Ensure that your device is charged to a minimum of 5%. If your battery is below 5% then the device may not power on.
- A device that is completely drained should be charged, for a minimum of 15 minutes, using the provided charger.
Click here for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.